Martin J. Greenberg and Thom Park, over decades of involvement within the sports representation industry, have written countless publications. Many of such publications focus on topics of career advocacy and contract advisement, two of the primary services offered by The Gamebreakers. We encourage you to read a few of Marty’s and Thom’s productions, after which we invite you to contact us to discuss how The Gamebreakers can implement into your sports business endeavors the very same concepts and principles perfected by Marty and Thom.
Marty Greenberg’s Coaching Corner:
Dr. Thom Park’s Coaches Reference Library:
Marty Greenberg’s Top 10 Publications
- Tough Love – Crossing the Line, Presentation originally given at the 2014 DePaul Journal of Sports Law and Contemporary Problems Symposium on The Business of College Athletics, held on March 7, 2014 (May 6, 2014)
- Summer Camps – A Coach’s Primer (April 10, 2014)
- Coaching Free Agency Has a Price: Liquidated Damages Upheld in the Geno Ford / Kent State Case (December 3, 2013)
- Coach Accountability Reduces Vicarious Liability (September 6, 2013)
- Consent to Interview – Best Practices (March 25, 2013)
- The Defense of Sovereign Immunity: Mike Leach and Texas Tech (September 4, 2012)
- The Secret Agreement (July 18, 2011)
- Greenberg, Martin J. and Gruber, Steven D. (2013). You Get Hired to Get Fired, Vol, 24, Iss.1 (24 Marq. Sports L. Rev. 141)
- Greenberg, Martin J. and Paul, Djenane (2013). Coaches’ Contracts: Terminating A Coach Without Cause and the Obligation to Mitigate Damages, Vol, 23, Iss. 2 (23 Marq. Sports L. Rev. 339)
- Greenberg, Martin J. (2001) “College Coaching Contracts Revisited: A Practical Perspective,” Marquette Sports Law Review: Vol. 12: Iss. 1, Article 7
Thom Park’s Top 10 Publications
- Ten Fatal Career Ending Mistakes in Coaching, Park, T. R., American Football Monthly, pp 40, September 2003.
- The New Rules: Managing your Football Coaching Career, Park, T. R., American Football Quarterly, V5, 1st quarter, pp 83 – 84, March 1999.
- Are Football Coaches Overpaid?: A Discussion of the Coaches Compensation Issue, Park, T. R., American Football Monthly, V8, pp 24 – 25, August 2002.
- Leading the Modern Football Program, Park, T. R., In E. Browning (Ed.), 2000 coach of the year clinics football manual, Monterey, California: Coaches Choice, pp 210 – 217, 2000.
- The Anatomy of a Coaches Deal, Park, T. R., American Football Coach, V6, I4, pp 46, April 2000.
- The Effects of Football Coaching Style and Subordinate Maturity on College Player Readiness: An Application Of Situational Leadership, Park, T.R., Published by the University of Michigan, 1987
- An Interview — What the College Football Coach Needs to Know about Employment Contracts and Coaches’ Agents
- The Education of Our Bosses — Career Coaching, Contracts, and Compensation
- How to Handle Coaching Salary Negotiations
- Building Your Football Business Advisory “A” Team